Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Your Own !!

Article about: A lot of us collect medals ……………….. and I'm sure there are many on here who have also earned them. So …………………. how about posting your own ?? Here is my humble contribution ………….. nothing spe

?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    This is my Honorable Order of Saint Barbra. It’s not authorized for wear in uniform (except on St Barbra’s Day celebration) but a prestigious award amongst the Artillery community.

PS. I will post my regular medals when I get them back. They are currently being mounted. Thanks!
    Very interesting to see. One of my recent previous bosses had this, but I had only seen the certificate, never saw the medal. Thanks for sharing

?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    This is my Honorable Order of Saint Barbra. It’s not authorized for wear in uniform (except on St Barbra’s Day celebration) but a prestigious award amongst the Artillery community.

PS. I will post my regular medals when I get them back. They are currently being mounted. Thanks!
    That is an excellent one. So you were an Arty Devil Dog?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks fellas! Yes Phil I am Marine Artillery!

TWS
    ?

Funny, I know where all the medals in my collection are... but for my own I'd have to dig around to find where I stashed them!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Ok, not medals but if you gents will allow me some latitude. This is hanging above me as I type. It's from my soldiers and more valuable to me now than any medals. I said I'd have to mount a search to dig up my medals but with this hanging right over me as I use the laptop it would be the height of laziness...

Post Your Own !!Post Your Own !!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I have my name tag, rank, unit, 20 year long service award
    and qualification patches. But all are from the motorcycle
    club I rode with.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 04-25-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Here they are. Just got them back today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Own !!  

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Funny, I know where all the medals in my collection are... but for my own I'd have to dig around to find where I stashed them!
    I never know where mine are...in 15 years I've worn them twice

Here are my mini medals.. My full size medals are all boxed up.. Someday I will get them out and mounted in a frame..

For those not familiar with US decorations:

Extreme Top: Expert Infantryman Badge

Below: Air Assault wings

Medals:

Top Row: Left to right:

Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal with 1 bronze Oakleaf cluster (2 Awards)

2nd Row: Left to right:

Joint Service achievement medal, Army Achievement medal with 1 Silver Oak Leaf Cluster (6 Awards), Army Good Conduct Medal with 2 loops (9 years Active Service) Armed Forces Reserve Achievement Medal with 3 Bronze Oak leaf clusters (12 years Reserve Service)

Bottom Row: Left to right:

Army of Occupation (Berlin Germany), National Defense Service Medal with 1 Bronze Star (Desert Storm, Global War on Terror), Global War on Terror Service Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal (Army Reserve) with bronze hourglass device (10 years service) "M" Device and "2" Device signifying 2 Mobilizations (Desert Storm/GWOT)

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Own !!  

?

Below is a grouping of the medals that I earned while serving in the U.S. Air Force in the 1990s.

Post Your Own !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast