Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Pick-Ups

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move to the right pace if needed. Here are some of the things I picked up this weekend. An early Enlisted men's visor cap wi

Default Recent Pick-Ups

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move to the right pace if needed.

Here are some of the things I picked up this weekend. An early Enlisted men's visor cap with the back strap. The hat is in good shape with the exception of the visor which is coming loose on one side. Does anyone know how to stabilize the visor so that it doesn't completely come off? Any help would be appreciated.

The next item is a nice aerial gunners wings which are marked sterling on the reverse.

Hope you guys like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent Pick-Ups   Recent Pick-Ups  

Recent Pick-Ups   Recent Pick-Ups  

Recent Pick-Ups  

MAP
    ?

Very, very Nice!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the feedback. Does any one know how to fix the semi-loose visor? I tried to sew the part that was loose but the needle would not go through the layers of wool.

MAP
    ?

I have a German visor that is loose. I've just left it as is as I don't have the skills. But a correct repair of this type is a conservation IMHO, so if anyone knows how and done correctly I would go for it!

That said, if done professionally, I think would cost more than the visor.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The cap is a private purchase enlisted "50 missions cap" as indicated by the back chinstrap.

Get yourself some 3 corner leather needles to sew the bill on with and a thimble. You probably can find them on ebay or from a leather supply place.

Thanks for the advice. I thought this might be a 50 mission crusher because of the lack of a stiffener in the crown as well as the addition of the back strap. Will defiantly look into the 3 corner leather needles.

MAP
    ?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I thought this might be a 50 mission crusher because of the lack of a stiffener in the crown as well as the addition of the back strap. Will defiantly look into the 3 corner leather needles.
    AND a thimble! Otherwise you will have a bloody cap and a finger with lots of holes!