Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.

Article about: Evening fella's, I just picked up this super Red Cross/Order of St John's grouping to Sister Rose Potter. Sister potter was active from 1917 in the VAD (Voluntary Aid Detachment) until at le

Default RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.

Evening fella's, I just picked up this super Red Cross/Order of St John's grouping to Sister Rose Potter. Sister potter was active from 1917 in the VAD (Voluntary Aid Detachment) until at least 1940 when her Order of St Johns Long Service Medal with bar was issued. Interestingly she was stationed in Wimbledon London at this point in time ,so I guess she would have been at the heart of blitz. All awards are named or numbered to her except the defence medal, but it does come in it's posting box with her name and address on it. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.   RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.  

RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.   RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.  

RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.   RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.  

A very nice grouping Leon!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

very nice love the St johns medal.

Nice group.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Leon,

That's a lovely group - its good to see that it has stayed together.

As you are probably aware the British Red Cross Museum and Archives does retain personnel records for those whom served during the First World War (i don't know about later - I was in contact with them regarding a woman who served 1916-17).

Philip

Hi Phillip, I did see something along those lies on an edition of "who do you think you are" once, so thanks for reminding me. Once I have them in hand I will get in contact and see if I can find out any more information. Leon.

Nice grouping Leon,thats a good few groupings you now have,its certainly one of the nicer sets i've seen,well done mate and thanks for showing.........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice grouping Leon,thats a good few groupings you now have,its certainly one of the nicer sets i've seen,well done mate and thanks for showing.........
    Hi Jake, thanks for the compliment! I must admit that even though I have picked up some very nice "military" groups recently, these Home Front groups are "cheap as chips" in comparison and just as interesting and important (in my eye's). Real social history in these items and the "Home Front" is really floating my boat at the moment. Leon.

?

Impressive buddy.

Hi Gent's, well the group all arrived safely and there were some pleasant extra bits of paper work in amongst it, including this nice letter to Nurse Potter from the Head Warden, thanking her for training the local ARP Wardens in first aid. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RED CROSS Sisters medal grouping WW1/WW2.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast