Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seventh Army Safety Award Medal?

Article about: Hello everyone can someone please help me. I dug up this medal or fob in a early 50's trash dump. Its octogon shape a little bit bigger than a quarter. On the front it has the U.S. Seventh a

Gardenscott
    ?

Default Seventh Army Safety Award Medal?

Hello everyone can someone please help me. I dug up this medal or fob in a early 50's trash dump. Its octogon shape a little bit bigger than a quarter. On the front it has the U.S. Seventh army symbol pyramid and on the back it says Seventh Army Safety Award. Cant find any thing online about it does has anyone ever seen one? And was this a medal worn on the uniform or a watch fob? Please help. Thanks Scott.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seventh Army Safety Award Medal?   Seventh Army Safety Award Medal?  

Default Re: Seventh Army Safety Award Medal?

Gardenscott: It's probably a key chain without the chain. The triangle on the back is the Seventh Army shoulder insignia. All the services have had a safety award program for years, mostly for REMFs, but the recipient gets a certicicate rather than a medal he/she can wear. The PX sells all sorts of trinkets that anyone who won the award can buy, from key chains to cigarette lighters. Now days you can buy them online. Sometimes they give the lucky person a trinket along with the certificate, but the trinket isn't official. All the trinkets have Safety Award and the unit insignia on them. Dwight