Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

silver star purple heart bundle

Article about: i found this i want to be sure they are authentic before i buy are they ww2? Korea? Vietnam? they want around \\$400 usd

Default silver star purple heart bundle

i found this i want to be sure they are authentic before i buy are they ww2? Korea? Vietnam? they want around $400 usd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture silver star purple heart bundle   silver star purple heart bundle  

silver star purple heart bundle   silver star purple heart bundle  

silver star purple heart bundle  

Default Re: silver star purple heart bundle

these look like Korea/Viet Nam issues by the look of the way they are affixed to the ribbon bar part,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    these look like Korea/Viet Nam issues by the look of the way they are affixed to the ribbon bar part,,,
    WHAT ABOUT THIS FOR 85 USD i it ww2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture silver star purple heart bundle   silver star purple heart bundle  

silver star purple heart bundle   silver star purple heart bundle  

this looks like a good set,i.e.,WW II,,,,85 is about top retail.i have sold similar ones for slightly less,though this is a nice set,,,

Quote by Hunt for the IronCross View Post
    WHAT ABOUT THIS FOR 85 USD i it ww2
    This is an original WWII era hand engraved Heart. If the research packet contains information that he was in a famous battle, high-profile unit, was KIA or was awarded other decorations perhaps for bravery, then the value skyrockets. In any case, I would not even think twice about paying $85.00 for a hand engraved Heart - that is NOT anywhere close to being out of line.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

yes he was kia

yes he was kia
    If it were me, for that price, I would have it in hand TODAY if possible...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

is the first purple heart in the first pic ww2

can u tell if they r authentic or recasts

can u tell if they r authentic or recasts
    If there are recast or fake PH Medals, I haven't seen any that I can remember. These are original and probably both medals themselves are of **WWII manufacture. The Heart to the left in the first posting appears to be official WWII blackened machine engraving, the second Heart looks as if it is in the style of Korean War engraving.

If you look at the blackened machine engraving under a magnifier, you will see very small swirl marks within each letter. This is indicative of period WWII engraving.

If you look at the Heart to the right under a glass, you will see that the engraving looks more like a straight line "scratch" and will NOT possess the swirls found on WWII engraved examples. This indicates Korean War or even much later.

**Old stock Hearts from WWII were used during Korea, Vietnam, and even into present day battles campaigns and wars...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast