Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed

Article about: Hello folks, I recently picked up a Silver Star Box That had a Silver Star and a Purple Heart in it both named. Im not a medal collector but i was compelled to own them regardless. Got them

Default Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed

Hello folks, I recently picked up a Silver Star Box That had a Silver Star and a Purple Heart in it both named. Im not a medal collector but i was compelled to own them regardless. Got them home and did some searches. No record of the named soldier. Now i find out scoundrels are etching medals to raise there value to saps such as myself. I havent given up yet though. From what i read the engravings are technically correct in presentation. My thought is the 173rd abbg on the star stands for AirBorne Brigade? The broach on the heart reads GRACO GI and the star Lordship NY-GI. Take a look at the photos and chime in if you like

Thanks Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed   Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed  

Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed   Silver Star/Purple heart Named but Unconfirmed  

The medals themselves are recent/modern 'crimp brooch' types.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Like Walkwolf said, those medals are recent/modern crimp brooch style medals, and not WWII era. The engravings as well are not WWII vintage, but more resemble the style used during Vietnam-80's.