Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Small group of 4 US medals

Article about: Hi guys managed to pick these up cheap, not sure they are period pieces but display well enough. Victory Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, Good Conduct Medal ( unissued

Default Small group of 4 US medals

Hi guys managed to pick these up cheap, not sure they are period pieces but display well enough.
    Victory Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, Good Conduct Medal ( unissued ) and Army Commendation Medal issued to Frederick Hjertberg i believe this type is post ww2.
    Any help comments are most welcome as the pictures show some sets are incomplete

I wonder ?

I would say yes.

Be fitting if it was, made rank of Major and served two wars.

MAP
    ?

Nice pickup. Not a common name so I say the likelihood that it is this man is very high.

Great score! I really need to start getting some of these myself.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Frederick M.I. Hjertberg

Intelligence Officer

Frederick M.J. Hjertberg, 82, an Army intelligence officer who retired from military service as a major and then did intelligence work as a civilian, died of pneumonia Dec. 15 at Classic Residence in Scottsdale, Ariz.
    Maj. Hjertberg was born in New York. He retired from the Army in 1956 after 19 years of service, most of which was spent at the Pentagon. He settled in this area in the 1950s. He graduated from the University of Maryland and attended New York University's School of Engineering.

As a civilian he did intelligence work for the Institute for Defense Analyses and the Defense Department, retiring in the mid-1970s.

A former resident of Potomac, he moved to Arizona in 1977.

His marriage to Constance Hjertberg ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Barbara, of Scottsdale; three children from his first marriage, Consie Dahl and Hillis Freya Cool, both of North Carolina, and Frederick Eric Hjertberg of Gaithersburg; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

looking to add to these with a bronze star ww2 period i hope do any of these stand a chance, any help would be great as always.
    Small group of 4 US medalsSmall group of 4 US medalsSmall group of 4 US medalsSmall group of 4 US medals
    First marked Richard E Crew, second marked RGC with valor tab.

The one with the V looks fine to me, WWII etc... Not sure of the one with the initials? He may have had this engraved privately. Since they are together at least you know the name.

Thanks
    Burt