Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some of my finds from the past few weekends.

Article about: Howdy y'all. These are some of my finds from the past few weekends at a flea market. On the back of the following pins in order say, Sergeant- P-24 Staff Sergeant- L.I.G.I. Staff Sergeant- P

Default Some of my finds from the past few weekends.

Howdy y'all. These are some of my finds from the past few weekends at a flea market.
    Some of my finds from the past few weekends.Some of my finds from the past few weekends.Some of my finds from the past few weekends.Some of my finds from the past few weekends.Some of my finds from the past few weekends.Some of my finds from the past few weekends.

On the back of the following pins in order say,
    Sergeant- P-24
    Staff Sergeant- L.I.G.I.
    Staff Sergeant- P-24
    Staff Sergeant- TNGI
    Sergeant Major- L22
    Sergeant Major- L.I.G.I.
    On the back of the Iron Cross Marksmanship Rifle Pin, says KREW G I. On the Rifle pin it says, I.I.C 1/20 S.F. G.I.
    I do not know what the button is in the last picture. On the back of the button has a circle with a WC (the WC appears to be on in the same) and below that a date 1812.

If anyone know's any information on any of the item, all help is appreciated.

Default Re: Some of my finds from the past few weekends.

Yes, some nice little items there. I like the C5 Galaxy Air Mobility Command shield, very nice. I remember these big planes coming in to land at Rhein Main air base when we were stationed in Germany.

The red ribbon is a Army Good Conduct ribbon. My father was also awarded this. The other ribbon is, I believe, for the Euro-Africa Middle Eastern Campaign award.

Those black metal Sgt stripes first came in, I think, back in the late 1960s / early 1970s and for all I know are still used nowadays.

The button in the last photo looks like a 19th century US Naval button. Could be early, I don't know, but the US Navy was fighting the British in the War of 1812.

?

i was thinking the same thing about the button being 1800s era. pretty cool if its from the war of 1812!
    dean.

Thank you for both of your responses!
    As for the two ribbons, you are correct, they are the Army Good Conduct ribbon, and the Euro-Africa Middle Eastern Campaign award. From what I have found the black strips are from about the 1960's. I also has a gold stripes, but the picture did not come out well. The third to the right Sgt strips is the gold stripes.

As for the button i have been doing research for most of the night and have come up pretty much empty. Some website's say it's a USMC others say USCG. I too think it would be great if it was from the 1800's. As for the C5 Galaxy Air Mobility Command shield, I still don't know what is a good price for them. I have not seen them online, have you?

From Alex

I think that button is US Marines, probably early 20th Century. Just did a quick check, it is similar to a naval button but they have a little pile of cannonballs at the bottom of the anchor. Would fit in with the marine cap badge and collar badge you posted.

Don't know about the shield. They were produced for various units, also as presentations for individual soldiers (these usually have a little engraved plaque on them). Try ebay to see whats going around.

?

Ribbons:
    red and white - good conduct ribbon
    multicolored - European campaign
    dark eagle globe and anchor collar device, marine WWII
    Bronze ega post WWII
    Brass US rolled edge collar tab WWII
    Button - Early pre WWI marine button

Thank you for the information "SteveR". Have you seen the pre WW1 Marine Button before?

From Alex

I agree. An earlier Marines button dating right around 1910-1917 or so. You come across them occasionally. Nice grouping!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well 1910-1917 is still pretty old in my book. Now just looking for a price on the internet.

From Alex