Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Three French ribbons?

Article about: Can you identify these please? Three ribbons mounted on a 3 inch metal bar cased in plastic, pin on the back. Spaced out with a black gap (underbar) showing either side of the middle ribbon.

?

Default Three French ribbons?

Can you identify these please? Three ribbons mounted on a 3 inch metal bar cased in plastic,
    pin on the back. Spaced out with a black gap (underbar) showing either side of the middle ribbon.
    Three French ribbons?
    (sorry colours are not easy to photo being under plastic casing)

1st looks grey with dark blue edging
    2nd is plain light green (green is not photographing well)
    3rd is the 3rd the Croix du Combattant_Volontaire?
    Do they tell a story?

This soldier was a Polish radio engineer living near Lille when he joined the
    Polish Land Forces in France Nov 1939. Then Narvik 20 April to 15 June 1940.
    Maybe returned to France for a short while. Was in Tentsmuir, Scotland by Dec 1940.

?

Default Re: Three French ribbons?

Hello
    not easy with colours ??
    a link:
    Rubans des décorations militaires et civiles françaises - Wikipédia
    cordially
    Didier

I also do not know? wish you the best though.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The last ribbon looks the same as the one used on the Russian Valiant Labour Medal. The French medal's ribbon has red on the outside of the yellow stripes, this on does not.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three French ribbons?  

The first one could be this one. Order of the Red Banner - Labour? I reckon this is Russian and not French.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three French ribbons?  

I think Tom is correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for taking a look. I wonder why he had these.

Hi Winnie, these would date from the 1950's at least. One guess would they belonged to a family member? Large areas of Poland became part of the USSR after 1945 as Poland's borders were pushed West to please Stalin.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Winnie, these would date from the 1950's at least. One guess would they belonged to a family member? Large areas of Poland became part of the USSR after 1945 as Poland's borders were pushed West to please Stalin. Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, I never thought of that. Maybe the medal ribbons belonged to his father born 1885 who was a miner, or grandfather who was a 'peasant farmer' in the Galcia region of Poland. But they moved to Czechoslovakia some time between 1912 and 1919, then France in 1921. I need to do more research... unless some kind person who knows their history can tell me more. Cheers