Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S.M.C. Badge

Article about: Hi Guys, We recently acquired this in a veteran's consignment lot at the shop I consult at. It is beautifully made. Is this some kind of souvenir? Some one of a kind thing that the vet had m

Default U.S.M.C. Badge

Hi Guys,

We recently acquired this in a veteran's consignment lot at the shop I consult at. It is beautifully made.

Is this some kind of souvenir? Some one of a kind thing that the vet had made for himself? Or?

Also, to me it seems older than WWII era, but that is just a guess. The vet's father was a Marine who served in WWI, so that's where the guess originates from.

If any of you know what this is or can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it greatly - as usual.

Cheers,
    Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S.M.C.  Badge   U.S.M.C.  Badge  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Sweet hearts piece friend. Not USMC issue.

?

I agree with Steve

?

Agreed with what was mentioned. I would also say an early emblem because it does not having the fouled anchor. It's late and will have to dig into my Marine history to give a better answer.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Is the reverse named and dated? I was thinking it's a homefront piece and WW1 era based on the catch but it looks like someone etched 1943 on the reverse.

I'm on my phone right now so it's not as easy to make out.

It's definitely an interesting piece.