Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

UK Medal Collection For Reveiw

Article about: Hello all, I bought these about two years ago on holiday to England. Just wondering what people think about them, and hopefully I can get some new information about them. It’s nothing specia

Default UK Medal Collection For Reveiw

Hello all, I bought these about two years ago on holiday to England. Just wondering what people think about them, and hopefully I can get some new information about them. It’s nothing special most are common medals, I just like them because unlike single medals these each tell a story. I will post the images in order,

Fist lot of images: Single Medal no ribbon. Medal bar five awards, 1939-1945 Star, France and Germany Star, Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45, last is the Territorial Medal which is marked with: 3074783 CPL. H.R. BUCHANAN. R.E
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UK Medal Collection For Reveiw   UK Medal Collection For Reveiw  

UK Medal Collection For Reveiw   UK Medal Collection For Reveiw  

Second images: A box given by the Air Ministry it contains, 1939-45 Star, Africa Star, Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45. The box also contains the original document that presents the medals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UK Medal Collection For Reveiw   UK Medal Collection For Reveiw  

Third images: A box given by the Director of Navy the box contains, The Pacific Star, 1939-45 Star with the France And Germany clasp, The Africa Star, The Atlantic Star, The War Medal 1939-45.UK Medal Collection For ReveiwUK Medal Collection For ReveiwUK Medal Collection For ReveiwUK Medal Collection For ReveiwUK Medal Collection For ReveiwUK Medal Collection For Reveiw

The last images: Box from the Air Ministry, Contains, Defence Medal and War Medal 1939-45.

Quick Reminder, please click on images to get higher quality.

Hello BodhiEtheridge,

Congratulations on your acquisitions,

Just to let you know that the only bar worn on the 1939-1945 Star is the Battle of Britain Bar, the France and Germany Star Bar would be sewn to the ribbon of the Atlantic Star.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks a lot I will take that to mind, it’s not sewn on, it’s just lose in the box but thanks for the correction!

Bodhi