Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

UN Korea Medal

Article about: I've had this grouping for probably 40 years, it was given to me by a neighbour many, many moons ago, when I was a boy. The question I have is, what is the silver UN medal? Its exactly the s

Default UN Korea Medal

I've had this grouping for probably 40 years, it was given to me by a neighbour many, many moons ago, when I was a boy.

The question I have is, what is the silver UN medal?

Its exactly the same as the normal Korea UN, which is a bronze colour, but it is in silver and it has never had a Korea bar attached.

I've searched the UN medals list and the internet generally but have drawn a blank.

Any ideas from the esteemed members here?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN Korea Medal   UN Korea Medal  

"Per Ardua"

So, I spent some time on the interwebs and it looks like it is just an accepted variation of the Korea medal. I came across many pictures of the silvered Korea medals. It appears the "Korea" bar has been broken off of yours though, leaving just a clean spot where it was.

From the look of the folds in the ribbon, it could be an American award.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I am not aware of any official "silvered" variations of the UN korea medal.
    My thoughts would be that this has been privately done, ive seen many ww1 victory medals that have been silvered privately.

I will happily stand corrected though.....

Thanks for all the replies and thoughts so far ... carpediem - do you have a link to the site of the silvered Korean medals? I searched high and low and couldn't find one instance.
    "Per Ardua"

These medals appear the same color but they are not the officially issued versions.
    US Medals and Decorations
    UN Korea Medal

Many thanks carpediem.
    "Per Ardua"