Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US 1969 Badge, Qualification, Subdued, Combat, Infantryman, 1st Award.

Article about: G'day all Figured I'd post this one up, to show the original packaging

Default US 1969 Badge, Qualification, Subdued, Combat, Infantryman, 1st Award.

G'day all

Figured I'd post this one up, to show one in the original packaging
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-18-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Bell Products

Heya, curious as to why they started making the CIBs in the Matte Black? If I recall correctly it is for wear on their “fatigues.” I’m curious as to why? Maybe they don’t get as scuffed up as the silver and blue CIB?

Regards Caleb
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 05-06-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Quote by SirCaleb View Post
    Heya, curious as to why they started making the CIBs in the Matte Black? If I recall correctly is if for wear on their “fatigues.” I’m curious as to why? Maybe they don’t get as scuffed up as the silver and blue CIB?
    For reasons of camouflage. You don't want to wear badges with shiny reflective parts and bright colors in the field.

Exactly as Andreas stated. In the presence of reconnaissance and or sniper elements, as much concealment of unit information and make up as can be achieved is good. Subdued rank in the field helps prevent identification and elimination of command individuals from the unit. Also helpful to eliminate are the veterans of combat, as a CIB would indicate.

Only makes sense. Though, I wasn't aware they wore these CIBs in combat. Interesting! Thanks for the input Carpediem and HPL!
    Regards Caleb

Not necessarily combat, the "front" in general is a dangerous place. Especially in a situation of guerilla combat where the "front" could be anywhere at anytime.

so, more of a preventative measure on the U.S.A's part, since they could be under attack at anytime, especially since this is a Vietnam Era CIB?

Pretty much, and they still wear subdued insignia today.