Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Bronze Star

Article about: Got this in a WII renactment show. The salesmen said it was a silver star but I believe it is a bronze star. I got it for only \\$28 USD. I was wanting to know what everyone thought of it. als

R.R
    ?

Default Re: US Bronze Star

I purchased my two boxed WWII Bronze Stars here in Brazil. They are more expensive than the others sold in USA or Europe, but a common target in local dealers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Bronze Star   US Bronze Star  

US Bronze Star   US Bronze Star  

New Old Stock Purple Hearts Awarded in the Present, Internet Article

The above is what I referred to in post #6 of this thread...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Endgame 1945 View Post
    Got this in a WII renactment show. The salesmen said it was a silver star but I believe it is a bronze star. I got it for only $28 USD.
    I was wanting to know what everyone thought of it. also, does anyone know of a way to tell if it is a fake or not? Additionally, as you might see in the pictures the ribbon has seen better days. Does any one know of a company that can sell a quality replacement?

Thanks for all and any input!

Endgame,

As stated by Cobra Den Bien Phieu the bronze star has become a very common award in the US military. Even back in the Vietnam period the Bronze Star for service was being called the officers good conduct medal. Officers got a bronze star for lasting a year in country. The only bronze star that I hold any reverence for is the bronze star with "V".

And Steve made a good comment ref an article about WW2 Bronze Stars with modern names on them. I suspect that as mentioned in that thread that future collectors will say "NO WAY", obviously a fake. But attached are pictures of my Vietnam BS for Service medal (My Officers Good Conduct Medal). Officially named (Each medal came with a mailer card in which one could send his or her medal to be officially engraved) I sent all my medals in after I returned home in 1972 and had them engraved. Notice that the medal is a cased WW2 Bronze Star with 1972 engraving. Bronze Stars made in the 1940's were still being issued as late as 1971 and probably well into the 1980's. Incidently for enlisted men the ARCOM became another medal that was handed out for lasting a year in country. And as the BS I don't give them much attention unless they have a "V" for valor and can be documented.

Best, Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Bronze Star   US Bronze Star  

US Bronze Star  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2