Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

us posthumous silver star group

Article about: hello new to this so just trying it out with one of my large medal collection

?

Default us posthumous silver star group

hello new to this so just trying it out with one of my large medal collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture us posthumous silver star group   us posthumous silver star group  

us posthumous silver star group   us posthumous silver star group  

?

Default Re: us posthumous silver star group

by the way does any one know where i could aquire a photo of the recipient? ive searched high and low and not had any luck ive found him on kia lists and the cemetery where is is buried thats all many thanks

Quote by rory View Post
    hello new to this so just trying it out with one of my large medal collection
    Is it possible to see the engraving on the back of the awards?
    Thanks
    John

Nice medals! The lack of information regarding where those medals were earned is unfortunate, im having the same problems learning some things about my grandfathers service that seems to be hush hush.

?

hello yes john ill try get them up some point this week

and yes noticed the location is cut out in the citation, there a nice group the bronze star is a cib conversion and the ss and ph where for what he did when he died hard to find much more out about him found out where hes buried and seen him mentioned in the 15th inf journal but no more luck

You can do some google searches, or try and find the Unit History book to find a photo. Last time I saw the Book, it was from a private seller selling it for $385. You could also check Home Of Heroes Home Page

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Nice medals! The lack of information regarding where those medals were earned is unfortunate, im having the same problems learning some things about my grandfathers service that seems to be hush hush.
    You could always write to St. Louis. They have all Army service records there. I have WWII KIA Purple Heart to a soldier KIA 28 April 1945, During a Pre D-Day invasion practice. Looking through his IDPF filles, they told high command to not talk about the action in which he was killed. They covered it up until after the D-Day invasion.

Quote by TrevorR View Post
    You could always write to St. Louis. They have all Army service records there. I have WWII KIA Purple Heart to a soldier KIA 28 April 1945, During a Pre D-Day invasion practice. Looking through his IDPF filles, they told high command to not talk about the action in which he was killed. They covered it up until after the D-Day invasion.
    There was a fire at the St. Louis VA records building in 1973, which consumed most of the AAF records - A-H, and unfortunately my grandfathers last name is Basore. Ive already made that phone call, among many others, and spent hours in the NARA database to no avail.

?

thanks for info guys! i shal try researching after work i did google him before but could only find him using a very specific search using full name number rank ans unit this was in a californi honor roll, the war cemetery hes buried in and a unit newsletter that was on the rhine it mentioned him with a few others. i even tried a search on his mother but no luck but i intend to spend the rest of the week now searching with this new info

cheers rory

If you havent yet, you can write for his decease files.
    It may take a few months but these files are worth it.
    It will tell you th cause of death, Possibly the Comapny, and much more.

US Army Resource Command
    ATTN: AHRC-PDC
    200 Stovell St.
    Alexandria, Va 22332 USA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast