Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Ribbons Identification

Article about: First of all, I'd like to say what a valuable resource this forum and its members are to me. I wasn't sure which forum to place this so I chose this one. Can anyone identify these W.W. II ri

?

Default US Ribbons Identification

First of all, I'd like to say what a valuable resource this forum and its members are to me.

I wasn't sure which forum to place this so I chose this one. Can anyone identify these W.W. II ribbons for me? Also, is there a web site available that can assist one in identifying ribbons?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images US Ribbons Identification 

?

Default re: US Ribbons Identification

PA Reb Starting from the top purple heart,
    good conduct, American Campaign
    European- African- Middle Eastern Campaign with battle star, WWII Victory, Army Of Occupation hope that helps Gary

?

Thanks Gary, that helps tremendously! My only other questions would be (1) Is a battle star placed on the ribbon in a "particular area" - meaning does it mark the particular campaign a soldier was involved in battle? (2) Is there a web site that helps people identify these ribbons?

Thanks again very much for your help.

Glenn

?

Glenn just type in google( US medals )and a lot of sites come up. The star only stands for being involved in a campaign such as Rhineland,Ardennes-Alsace,Central Europe. Brass called them campaigns but the soldiers called them battles. With out his paper work you cant tell which campaign he was in. sorry Gary

?

Thanks Gary, you've been very helpful. The tunic this is on is from an unknown 4th Armored Division veteran so I can almost "guess" what the star is for! Thanks again!

Glenn

?

I was able to find this and for those interested or may have the same question, here's the link.

MILITARY RIBBONS