Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US WW2 air medal

Article about: well heres another one to add to my US medals only £17.99 for this one it has no ribbon bar so im on the look out for one so if anyone see's please let me know thanks

?

Cool US WW2 air medal

well heres another one to add to my US medals only £17.99 for this one it has no ribbon bar so im on the look out for one so if anyone see's please let me know thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US WW2 air medal   US WW2 air medal  

US WW2 air medal   US WW2 air medal  

?

Default Re: US WW2 air medal

i pace my self & only go for stuff that im really after & plus it was pay day last friday

Air Medal
    "For Meritorious Achievement while Participating in Aerial Flight." Established 1942.

Description: A bronze compass rose 1 11/16 inches circumscribing diameter and charged with an eagle volant carrying two lightning flashes in its talons. A fleur-de-lis at the top point holds the suspension ring. The points of the compass rose on the reverse are modeled with the central portion plain for engraving the name of the recipient.

Ribbon: The ribbon is 1 3/8 inches wide and consists of the following stripes: 1/8 inch ultramarine blue 67118; ¼ inch golden orange 67109; center 5/8 inch ultramarine blue; ¼ inch golden orange; and 1/8 inch ultramarine blue.

The Eighth Air Force awarded 442,000 Air Medals in WW2.

One Captain James Hunter, a B-24 pilot with the 491st Bombardment Group, 854th Squadron, earned an Air Medal, which read in part: "For meritorious achievement in accomplishing with distinction several aerial operational missions over enemy occupied Continental Europe. The courage, coolness and skill displayed by this individual in the face of determined opposition, materially aided in the successful completion of these missions. His actions reflect great credit upon himself and the Armed Forces of the United States".

?

more then lightly this is the US equivalent i would assume they had all the own versions of our medals

This is in fact a US WWII Air Medal...I'm curious though, what is the brooch style on the back...is it the slot brooch or early issue full wrap brooch?

Still got it? Looking to buy a Air Medal!

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)