Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Good Conduct Award

Article about: This was a small pick up this weekend. Common but still a great looking award. It did not come with a box. In fact, in searching I think I have only seen one example in a box.

MAP
    ?

Default USMC Good Conduct Award

This was a small pick up this weekend.

Common but still a great looking award. This one is numbered "No 35812"

Does anyone know if there is a data base for these? Doubt it.

It did not come with a box. In fact, in searching I think I have only seen one example in a box.

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award

USMC Good Conduct Award
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice award and display! I will ask my buddy that collects USMC awards and medals. 4 Generation USMC family.
    John

?

Not that common. This medal is WWI...the Marine Corps issued rim-numbered awards to those who were in for the 'Duration of Emergency' and not typical 4-year enlistees. Rim numbered medals were in the 20,000-70,000 range, approximately. Some numbers are traceable through Scott Smith's booklet, he spent a stupid number of hours browsing the muster rolls and compiling as many numbers as he could find

About $80 value

?

Great pick up Michael!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very nice award and display! I will ask my buddy that collects USMC awards and medals. 4 Generation USMC family.
    John
    Thanks! Would appreciate it. Maybe he has the book Brig notes below?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Not that common. This medal is WWI...the Marine Corps issued rim-numbered awards to those who were in for the 'Duration of Emergency' and not typical 4-year enlistees. Rim numbered medals were in the 20,000-70,000 range, approximately. Some numbers are traceable through Scott Smith's booklet, he spent a stupid number of hours browsing the muster rolls and compiling as many numbers as he could find

About $80 value
    The book is an $80 value or this award? If the award then I got a fantastic deal.

I thought this was pre-WW2 but wasn't sure. Thank for this info. Big help!

Michael

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great pick up Michael!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The medal is $80, the booklet is about 20-25. Only has about 2% of rim numbers IDed in it, I have a copy, let me dig it out. I've bounced 50-75 numbers out of it and never got lucky enough to get a hit, unfortunately.

?

35812 is not in Smith's booklet

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    The medal is $80, the booklet is about 20-25. Only has about 2% of rim numbers IDed in it, I have a copy, let me dig it out. I've bounced 50-75 numbers out of it and never got lucky enough to get a hit, unfortunately.
    Thanks! Would be great if this was in that 2%! LoL

And at $80 for the award I'm extremely happy

Edit: I see ...... Oh well. Thanks for the try. A big help anyway! Thanks again!

?

MAP Great find could we see the box

MAP
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    MAP Great find could we see the box
    Sorry...no box. I meant to say that I've only "seen" one with a box once. No photo. Mine is a loose award.