Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

USMC Good Cookie for Review

Article about: by reneblacky I know nothing about the USMC medal but I think your Asiatic Pacific campaign medal maybe post war? I've been told that WW2 pins are also sewn on. I haven't collected a lot of

Default Re: USMC Good Cookie for Review

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I know nothing about the USMC medal but I think your Asiatic Pacific campaign medal maybe post war? I've been told that WW2 pins are also sewn on. I haven't collected a lot of medals in general so I could be wrong. Here's my Purple Heart pin to show you what I mean by sewn on.
    Here is something I found on the style of Brooch that my Asiatic Pacific medal has:

Crimped Brooches are the most commonly seen style of Broches. It is a two-piece Brooch with a rectangular metal plate with the pin upon it, and a second metal plate set behind the pin plate, with the ends of the ribbon betwen them, and the edges of this back plate bent over, or crimped, over the top and bottom edges of the pin plate. There may also be a third metal plate found under the pin plate, and over the ribbon ends. This style of Brooch came into use during WWII (late 1943 onward). The WWII version Crimped Brooches are slightly wider than the modern Crimped Brooches seen on medals made after 1947-9, as the early crimp plates were made to fit around the existing supply of Slot Brooch pin plates.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Here is something I found on the style of Brooch that my Asiatic Pacific medal has:
    Cheers Interesting GIZMO8Z Thanks.
    May I ask where the quote is from? just for future reference.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Interesting GIZMO8Z Thanks.
    May I ask where the quote is from? just for future reference.
    Not the best source...

http://reviews.ebay.com/US-Medal-Bro...00000004152181

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Still interesting Joe Thanks Mate

Hello GIZMO8Z, nice find. You are correct it is a USMC Good Cookie, I just don't know if it's WW2 or from the 1950's. I also have a GC, but the medal "banner" (I am not sheer if that the correct term,) is longer than yours so i am thinking that it means ether yours is WW2 or not. I though the one I have was WW2 so I am now confused. I the that the Egail, globe and anchor are form WW2, (Complete Guide to United States Marine Coprs Medals, Badges and Insignia), (Info on page 65).

From Alex Jones.

Thanks for taking a look at this thread, Alex. The ribbon bar was found in the garbage and I purchased the medal online.

Perhaps the differences between our medals comes down to different makers?

?

Joe I have a couple USMC one is pre war and the other I believe is WWII. have a look. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Good Cookie for Review   USMC Good Cookie for Review  

USMC Good Cookie for Review   USMC Good Cookie for Review  

?

Trivia question about the good Cookie!!!!!Jarhead meritorious promotion question!!!!!
    What rifle is displayed on the good conduct medal?????????????????????????????
    Don't look it up! Guest it first!!!! I'LL BE BACK!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Lol... My guess would be... Krag...?

?

Nope! next!! No cheating!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast