Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

USMC - WWII Rings

Article about: I have recently started to post some of my WWII US & Vietnam US acquisitions. Thought I would post 3 of my WWII USMC Rings for you to see. They have been there and are in good worn condi

?

Default USMC - WWII Rings

I have recently started to post some of my WWII US & Vietnam US acquisitions. Thought I would post 3 of my WWII USMC Rings. They have been there and are in good worn condition. Hope you enjoy! Semper Fi

Rossi

USMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII RingsUSMC - WWII Rings
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Nice to see, for a change! It seems like all the focus is always on the asininely over copied German skull rings that collectors are so obsessed with that they will go to the absurd point of illegally digging up graves to get at them, but people apparently forget that the Allies had plenty of rings of their own and they are rarely if ever copied. These rings were There and the history they must have been part of is deep indeed. Unfortunately (for collectors) the Allied rings were quite often worn for many years by their owners-long after the war's finish, and so many that are encountered are nearly slick with wear! The German's, on the other hand, only wore theirs for a few years and are, of course, usually in nicer condition. I imagine it must have been a wee bit frowned on to be a German in 1946 and be seen wearing an SS Skull ring about town-especially so with the in-resident occupation troops being everywhere. So, yes-they are Much easier to find. An Allied ring in fine shape is a considerable find and should not be sniffed at! Collecting them would be a good project for someone today to get into and for a fraction of the silly prices that the German rings are bringing. I would think it would be very possible to assemble an impressive grouping of them!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nice to see, for a change! It seems like all the focus is always on the asininely over copied German skull rings that collectors are so obsessed with that they will go to the absurd point of illegally digging up graves to get at them, but people apparently forget that the Allies had plenty of rings of their own and they are rarely if ever copied. These rings were There and the history they must have been part of is deep indeed. Unfortunately (for collectors) the Allied rings were quite often worn for many years by their owners-long after the war's finish, and so many that are encountered are nearly slick with wear! The German's, on the other hand, only wore theirs for a few years and are, of course, usually in nicer condition. I imagine it must have been a wee bit frowned on to be a German in 1946 and be seen wearing an SS Skull ring about town-especially so with the in-resident occupation troops being everywhere. So, yes-they are Much easier to find. An Allied ring in fine shape is a considerable find and should not be sniffed at! Collecting them would be a good project for someone today to get into and for a fraction of the silly prices that the German rings are bringing. I would think it would be very possible to assemble an impressive grouping of them!
    Thanks William. Your well written reply & thoughtful response meant a great deal. For years I have focused on posting my Third Reich items and focused on the website to archive them. As the old battle motto goes "Nemo Resideo" - "No One Left Behind." So in this case these rings and memories are priceless to me as anything and what they represent & the men who wore them will never be forgotten.

Semper Fi

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Rather easy to find AAF and Army rings, but Marines are
    a lot tougher. Nice to see makers marks too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.