Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Victoria Cross in hand....

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Let's hear more! The VC was not issued named. Cheers, Ade. Sorry, Ade, but you are in error on this one. The VC is always issued named with the recipient's full details (

?

Default Victoria Cross in hand....

WOW ... what a feeling it was holding a Victoria Cross in my hand today... I'm sure this is something that most people won't get a chance to do..I feel lucky...
    Attached Images Attached Images Victoria Cross in hand.... 

Default Re: Victoria Cross in hand....

A mate of mine has a girlfriend who is (was?) the curator of the Royal engineers museum at Chatham and they have 25 VC's including Chard's from Rorke's Drift.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Dream job for sure..

?

Mr Lowboy excellent going...I was put forward for Mention in Despatches in Bosnia, got as far the Officer Commanding & because he didnt like my attitude towards soldiering,that went in the bin!!!lol. thats as far as my bravery went...Cheers Terry.

?

I got Argos vouchers for apprehending two intuders on an MOD site last year...........

So, who's VC was/is it? How did you come to get a look at it? Anymore info........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

What did you purchase with your Argos vouchers?? & did you meet the Queen to recieve them???..

Does the VC have the holders name,rank,number,regiment... plonked on them??

Let's hear more!

The VC was not issued named.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The engraving is on the reverse.... I will post some new pics and a little story as soon as I get them.

Quote by Bond View Post
    A mate of mine has a girlfriend who is (was?) the curator of the Royal engineers museum at Chatham and they have 25 VC's including Chard's from Rorke's Drift.
    I don't know if this is true or not? but I heard that the Actor who played JRM Chard in Zulu--actually owned his V.C. for a number of years.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Mr Lowboy excellent going...I was put forward for Mention in Despatches in Bosnia, got as far the Officer Commanding & because he didnt like my attitude towards soldiering,that went in the bin!!!lol. thats as far as my bravery went...Cheers Terry.
    Isn't it amazing (and a damn SHAME!) how one "gentleman", with one simple action or stroke of the pen, trash something you so rightly deserve; just because he doesn't like you. I feel your pain. My honor was not to be as high as yours, and not a military award, but I was turned down for my department's Life Saving Award for saving a kid swinging by his neck from the end of a rope, only to have the award nomination placed in the "circular file" (trash can), and, imagine this, because my commander didn't like me. And when confronted about it, his excuse was, "Oh, I never received that." Hope he burns in hell. Rant over. Thanks! lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast