Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne

Article about: Today i had an amazing privilege,i got to see and touch (couldnt help myself ) Keith Paynes Medal grouping including his V.C. awarded in the Vietnam conflict. Unusually his Original Medals a

Default Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne

Today i had an amazing privilege,i got to see and touch (couldnt help myself ) Keith Paynes Medal grouping including his V.C. awarded in the Vietnam conflict.
    Unusually his Original Medals are kept at the Maryborough Military Museum (Queensland) rather than at the Australian War Museum in Canberra.This was his wish.
    They have replicas on display in the museum,however when i talked to the Gentlemen working there and they realized i was a collector of Militaria and shared their passion,they surprized me by getting the originals out of the safe to show me,wow what an honour.
    Here is a Bio on Keith Payne and a list of Medals recieved.
    A True Hero.

Keith Payne VC OAM

Keith Payne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne   Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne  

Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne  

Now that's what you call a medal grouping!....

?

Very nice thanks for showing . Also very cool that they let you touch the real medals. Gary

Mick, to be in the same room as a VC is pretty special mate but to touch one is a once in a lifetime thing! I've never touched one but I have seen one up close and it really is something you won't forget. These things aren't given away like lollies, the men that were awarded them are not ordinary men, they are something more.

It takes a brave man to think about and to bring back his wounded mates under fire!

What a privilege!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

That's a spot of good luck. I've been through Maryborough a number of times and didn't realise there was a military museum there. It will definitely be on the agenda next time I'm there.

that is one HELL of a rack.

what a champion. and should never be forgoten.

Impressive set of medals !

I have a Autographed picture of Ben Roberts-smith VC MG and a personal note on SAS stationary .

?

Ah yes, Keith Payne VC....the only recipient to write his own citation.....seeings he was with a unit that consisted of mainly local forces, none of them spoke English, so he wrote his citation and got them to witness it.....he is not well liked in military circles, I have met him on a number of occasions at officers functions, and he is not the most "polite" man if you happen to be his driver....he's a wanker basically!..... If Keith Payne is coming to your function, and there is free alcohol involved, you can expect an eventful evening.....this is just my observation...

I've actually seen officers cringe and say they are not going when Keith Payne VC is expected to be at a function.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast