Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Victoria Cross recipient Keith Payne

Article about: Today i had an amazing privilege,i got to see and touch (couldnt help myself ) Keith Paynes Medal grouping including his V.C. awarded in the Vietnam conflict. Unusually his Original Medals a

I'd highly recommend the biography on Keith called 'Payne VC' by Mike Colman, with a foreword by Peter Cosgrove.
    It's well worth the read.

Cheers, Willie.

ha ha interesting. well thats enlightened me. we all tend to tell a tall tale after a few ha ha.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Ah yes, Keith Payne VC....the only recipient to write his own citation.....seeings he was with a unit that consisted of mainly local forces, none of them spoke English, so he wrote his citation and got them to witness it.....he is not well liked in military circles, I have met him on a number of occasions at officers functions, and he is not the most "polite" man if you happen to be his driver....he's a wanker basically!..... If Keith Payne is coming to your function, and there is free alcohol involved, you can expect an eventful evening.....this is just my observation...

I've actually seen officers cringe and say they are not going when Keith Payne VC is expected to be at a function.
    With all due respects, for wankers to be present at officers functions is not exactly breaking news.
    Please note this is a general statement and nothing pesonal.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Unfortunately, there is an expectation of such gentlemen to attend functions at invitation and behave accordingly.....these men are held in high esteem and there is an expectation from them to hold themselves in a proper manner, which would place a strain on anyone......
    Keith Payne VC is one who expects a lot, almost like a celebrity with a lost of things they must have before they attend a function.....it's hard to explain, unless you've seen him in action....I found it quite a let down.......

How come he has got the 2 jubilee medals, was he still serving when they were issued?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Unfortunately, there is an expectation of such gentlemen to attend functions at invitation and behave accordingly.....these men are held in high esteem and there is an expectation from them to hold themselves in a proper manner, which would place a strain on anyone......
    Keith Payne VC is one who expects a lot, almost like a celebrity with a lost of things they must have before they attend a function.....it's hard to explain, unless you've seen him in action....I found it quite a let down.......
    Well, when you are the ONLY one left from the period I guess you can be excused for having tickets??
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Airborne125 View Post
    How come he has got the 2 jubilee medals, was he still serving when they were issued?
    I think he must get the jubilee medals automatically for being a VC holder..I should think that is it?..With a rack like that you need to do some serious amount of press ups....Also not taking anything away from the man.. But I have seen some men do some stupid/brave things & get sod all..it is a bit of a lottery too.. Cheers Terry.

must say he looks a bit of a grumpy git,I would not like to row with him after a few tinnies.lol

A few years back I attended a military show and met
    and talked to a American MOH winner. He won it while
    serving with the Special Forces in VN. He was a nice
    enough guy and willing to stand and visit with me and
    my wife but every 2nd would out of his mouth was the
    F-bomb.

I found it kind of comical but my wife kept pulling on my
    arm to get me to walk away from him. As we left he shook
    my wife's hand and said it was "F ing nice to meet you"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I wonder what he did to earn that American Silver Star?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast