Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group

Article about: by Alan M Terry , the " huey " was the iconic war bird of the VN war with the unforgettable " wump , wump , wump " noise that came from the rotor`s . Being a teenager mys

Default Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group

I realize that there is not a lot of interest in the newer award groups past WW2 however I thought I would throw out my Silver Star Group for those younger collectors who might have some interest. All the medals are offically named except the Meritorious Service Medal and the campaign medals. The senior pilot wings are early pin back sterling, and the jump wings were issued in 1963. Its hard to believe that the VN war has been over for 35 years now seems like just yesterday we were putting around the skys over the A-Shau Valley. There not much but I am kinda proud of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group   Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group  

Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group   Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group  

Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group   Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group  

Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group 

Default Re: Vietnam Aviator Silver Star Group

That is a fine selection of VN medals ! That era was my 1st of interest when i began collecting. These are more demand than just a few years ago and are nice collectibles.

I have a few family members who were in that conflict. Two of whom were paratroopers. If you are interested in reading about one of them i posted in Nick D's thread "Bargain of the year" last week.

again thanks for showing !!

rgds, Ty

Thank you for your service ! and a wonderful grouping !

To actually have someone on the forum who won these is a real priviledge. Thank you very much for showing the awards you earned.

Cheers, Ade.

Here here !

Kind of proud of them? You are a very honored man for your services. I don't believe there was much more other than your own life that could have been sacrificed.

rgds, Ty

?

congratulations on a great set of awards , won from a very intense and understated campaign ,
    cheers Al

Major...........I am humbled, and I am more proud to know you than words can say...my utmost respect for you Sir. Thank you very much for posting these.

With the most sincere respect to some of my friends here...accolades for valor are not "won", they are bestowed upon a warrior...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    That is a fine selection of VN medals ! That era was my 1st of interest when i began collecting. These are more demand than just a few years ago and are nice collectibles.

I have a few family members who were in that conflict. Two of whom were paratroopers. If you are interested in reading about one of them i posted in Nick D's thread "Bargain of the year" last week.

again thanks for showing !!

rgds, Ty
    Ty,
    Thanks, will check out Nick D's thread. Always enjoy reading about fellow soldiers.

Terry

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post
    Thank you for your service ! and a wonderful grouping !
    Cobra,
    I spent some time in the middle east when I was with the 10th SFG in 1965-66. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Most miserable place in the world. My sympathy goes out to all our young soldiers who have to fight in that region. VN wasn't much of a war but it was the only one we had at the time.

Terry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast