Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A WAC Award

Article about: Another one of my small pick ups. Not too sought after but since I had an Aunt (or two) in the WAC (Women's Army Corp) during WW2, I thought it only appropriate to add to the collection. I s

MAP
    ?

Default A WAC Award

Another one of my small pick ups. Not too sought after but since I had an Aunt (or two) in the WAC (Women's Army Corp) during WW2, I thought it only appropriate to add to the collection.

I still need to do some research on this. Not sure if it is WW2 era. I think it is later. But would appreciate if someone knows.

A very nice looking award.

A WAC Award

A WAC Award

A WAC Award

A WAC Award

A WAC Award

A WAC Award
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

This is a 1980's restrike, but still a good medal and complete with the box. Many of the WW2 Veterans after WW2 and their families had requested replacement medals due to loss, theft, etc. Not uncommon to see replacement medals in WW2 veterans items..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    MAP,

This is a 1980's restrike, but still a good medal and complete with the box. Many of the WW2 Veterans after WW2 and their families had requested replacement medals due to loss, theft, etc. Not uncommon to see replacement medals in WW2 veterans items..

Smitty
    As I thought Smitty. Thanks for clarifying. It was cheap and I suspected a restrike due to the box, the broach and the label but wanted to be certain.

I know I had at least one Aunt in the WAC. The other was also a WAC but we were told she was really OSS.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The LI GI marking indicates maker "Lordship Industries" This maker has gone through several name changes to include HLP (His Lordship Industries) to name a few. The Code you have LI GI is consistent with the 1980's manufacturing of these medals and the GI indicates the marking "Government Inspected"..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    The LI GI marking indicates maker "Lordship Industries" This maker has gone through several name changes to include HLP (His Lordship Industries) to name a few. The Code you have LI GI is consistent with the 1980's manufacturing of these medals and the GI indicates the marking "Government Inspected"..

Smitty
    Great info Smitty! Will write this all down!