Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Watch on the rhein medailion

Article about: need info on who made this and was this a Allied undertaking or German production,,,thanks,,Robert

Default Watch on the rhein medailion

need info on who made this and was this a Allied undertaking or German production,,,thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Watch on the rhein medailion   Watch on the rhein medailion  

Default Re: Watch on the rhein medailion

"German Karl Goetz Erotic Propaganda Medal, Die Schwarze Schande. One side shows caricature of black french soldier and has written above, Die Wacht Am Rhein and 1920. The other side shows nude woman tied to large phallus with the words above, Die Schwarze Schande (The black shame). The medal is a derogatory reference to french colonial troops serving in WW I."
    Tom

thanks so much tom,,,any sort of value to this or know of a place i can search??...thanks,,Robert

I've seen them for sale anywhere from $150 - 350. They were however made in various metal types (K-262 THE WATCH ON THE RHINE)
    so don't really know which are more desirable. I did a Google search and found quite a few out there for sale.
    Tom