Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What is this???

Article about: Hello guys & girls, can anybody help us to identify this little ribbon? Im posting it in the Third Reich section because I purchased a German medal from this company & it was somewha

?

Default What is this???

Hello guys & girls, can anybody help us to identify this little ribbon? Im posting it in the Third Reich section because I purchased a German medal from this company & it was somewhat delayed!!! Thanks in advance Terry & Aly.What is this???

Default Re: What is this???

It's certainly not Third-Reich-related, or even German for that matter. The only ribbon I recognize is the multi-colored one on the right, which is for the (interallied) World War I Victory Medal. (see: WW1 Allied Victory Medal )

?

mmmm Interesting I havent a clue what it is myself!!! Thanks for taking the time to reply HPL2008. Terry & Aly.

?

No idea Terry, as Andreas says, not TR. I'll move it to the Allied section to see if the guys there can help.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks Adrian Ill see what they have to say!! Terry & Aly.

it reminds me of a rosette. my friend has one that came attached to an ww1 iron cross. each group of colors represents a different medal. but yours how ever are not German but Belgium. the rainbow ribbon stands for the victory medal. that one on the left in the back is the commemorative medal, and the black with the red stripe in the medal is the Yesr medal. the other two i cant rally tell what they are. nice catch

The 'red' coloured one with black and white stripes - next to the 'Victory Medal' ribbon
    looks like it may the WWI Prussian Red Cross Service Medal. The whole piece is
    similar to German buttonhole/lapel miniatures, but they are tied willy-nilly.
    IMO, all the ribbons are WWI Belgian.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks guys not bad then! for sod all!..I didnt buy the badge it was sent with a medal for late delivery..So im happy with it thanks for the info. Cheers Terry.

Steve is right , they are Belgian WWI!
    Then central ribbon is the "Yser" medal all other are commemorative medals.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris