Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What I can find of my grand fathers medals, and ribbons.

Article about: Correction, He is on the third row 5th from the right. So we were a row off. I found another of the same picture last night. Phil Thank you for responding! It's cool that you have been to th

Default Re: What I can find of my grand fathers medals, and ribbons.

Correction, He is on the third row 5th from the right. So we were a row off. I found another of the same picture last night.

Phil Thank you for responding! It's cool that you have been to that base. Thank you for helping me get some more information on the unit. I have read some were that the unit was already deployed in early August, which made me scratch my head . To answer your question about the Liberty Bell, he was from Tennessee, so I have no idea why he had the bell. I do know he liked to travel so maybe he picked it up when he went there. Thank you for answering my question about his sharpshooter badge, and no worries about just answering it when you did.

Thank you ww2relichunter. I have always loved history and I really like what I am doing and finding. I do not know what battles he fought in yet. I do know he did not go to china, so he much have been out of the unit by the time they went to china.

From Alex

Default Re: What I can find of my grand fathers medals, and ribbons.

Hello all I want to apologize for not being on lately! I do have some good news. While going through a box (got distracted from studying) I found a large envelope that said "NAVY DEPARTMENT" "Twelfth Marine Reserve District". I was thinking it had something to do with my late grandmother, but to my surprise it was really some pictures of my grandfather in World War Two. In this envelope there are six pictures. First one was of my grandfather, second was a picture of a few men loading wounded men into a airplane, third was two pictures of "Taps are sounded at the dedication of Third Marine Division Cemetery No. 1 on Guam...". The last two pictures are of a baseball team he was apart of.

So I thought that this was a really cool find. I just thought I would share this with you all. I will post pictures tomorrow. What do y'all think of this latest find? my personal feeling is that there were more photos in the envelope or letters. I hope to uncover more photos or letters soon.

From Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2