Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group

Article about: Hi all, just thought I would share this nice but very sad family grouping that I have just picked up with you. The Father, Arthur Charles Hook served in WW1 in the R.N.V.R and survived the w

Default WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group

Hi all, just thought I would share this nice but very sad family grouping that I have just picked up with you. The Father, Arthur Charles Hook served in WW1 in the R.N.V.R and survived the war. His Son, also named Arthur Charles served during WW2 in the Norfolk Regiment and was sadly killed in the fighting with Japanese forces in Malaya. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group   WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group  

WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group   WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group  

Attached Images Attached Images WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group 

A nice grouping but a sad ending

Very nice Leon, thanks for sharing!...

A little more "digging" has shown Pte Hook was in the 6th Battalion Norfolk regiment and that they were involved in a large battle at Simpang-Kanang river, where the Battalion sustained huge losses to both Officers and men. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 02-18-2015 at 03:43 PM.

I was just looking a bit closer at the address on the casualty form and it looks as though the family all lived a couple of streets away from me in Norwich, I may just go and have a look at the house! Leon.

Leon check to see if there's a connection with a certain PTE hook VC. 24 foot Zulu Wars.

P.S.great find.

?

Very nice friend.

Of interest, have you ordered the father's Navy record?
    Name Hook, Arthur Charles Place of Birth: Norwich Number: ... | The National Archives

Cheers, Tom

Fantastic grouping you've got there Leon, very sad story that brings home the true cost of war but a terrific medal group to have. Very nice pickup mate, great stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast