Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group

Article about: Hi all, just thought I would share this nice but very sad family grouping that I have just picked up with you. The Father, Arthur Charles Hook served in WW1 in the R.N.V.R and survived the w

Quote by thorne83 View Post
    Of interest, have you ordered the father's Navy record?
    Name Hook, Arthur Charles Place of Birth: Norwich Number: ... | The National Archives

Cheers, Tom
    Hi Tom, thanks for that link, once the group arrives I think I will order those records! Good to hear from you Dave, it is very sad when these type of stories emerge. I for one can relate slightly to this groups tale as my wife's great Grandfather was in the Norfolks and was taken POW at the surrender of Singapore. He sadly has no known grave as he died on a Japanese prisoner ship that was sunk by the allies. Her Grandfather is still understandably a very disturbed man from losing his dad when he was aged 7, all these years later. Leon.

A most poignant group Leon. Thankfully kept together. My latest acquisition has been a pair of First World War Memorial Plaques to brothers who were killed 8 months apart in 1917. From the census records I believe they were the only children of the family

Hello chaps, just downloaded the WW1 records for the fathers trio and they show that he sailed aboard HMS(SS) Laconia(top) around South Africa between 1914-16 and later in the war on HMS Pactolus which was an old cruiser and then on HMS Wildfire(bottom) in 1919, that was a "sloop" mine sweeper. Interesting little group. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group   WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group  

WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group   WW1 & WW2 Father & K.I.A Sons group  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2