Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Bronze Star

Article about: I decided to order a WW2 bronze star off of ebay, since there is little selection out on vendor sites or the forums. After some waiting, I landed on this one for \\$50. Slot brooch: And, now I

Default WW2 Bronze Star

I decided to order a WW2 bronze star off of ebay, since there is little selection out on vendor sites or the forums. After some waiting, I landed on this one for $50.

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

Slot brooch:

WW2 Bronze Star

Is this clasp correct for a WW2 star? I usually see them with a bulb shape (like the purple heart on the right in the photo below) rather than this disc shape:

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

WW2 Bronze Star

And, now I know why they didn't take any photos of the back of the case. It looks as though it sat on something that eventually glued itself to the case, tearing much of the black faux leather covering when it was removed and leaving behind a slightly sticky residue.

WW2 Bronze Star

Who would have thought with the rest of the case looking so nice, there would be so much damage to the bottom of it? Perhaps for the $50 I have in it, it's not a big deal. It's still sad to see something like this that has been damaged. People like us can always find new cases and such. But, for the soldier who earns it, there will only ever be one, and there's no going back when accidents happen.
    Last edited by avenger; 03-14-2015 at 10:19 PM.

very nice color to it. Boxes are as you said around but that appears to be the one it sat it, you should see the velvelt crushed under the star. I think the bad back of the box is a minimal issue.

Yeah, I'm glad it's just the back of the case. You can't tell unless you pick it up and turn it around. I'm a little unsure about the clasp on the pin though. After looking closely, I've not seen that kind of clasp before on these. I suppose manufacturers could have used different types of parts, but they tend to have the bulb like clasp on those I've seen, or it may be a transitional type, or post WW2 slot brooch? Collecting German badges and medals makes me overly paranoid about these things, where every tiny detail can make or break a piece!

?

Some nice photos.. & an excellent award would be happy to have this in my display.. Cheers Terry.

?

You have a very nice WW II Bronze star friend.
    As mentioned the back of the case is minimal to the overall case, medal, ribbon and lapel button. Nice find.

Looks a nice set. I've always liked this award.

Funny though, that bronze star medals are finished in
    bronze, where silver star medals are actually gold
    colour with a tiny silver star in the center.

Too bad that American medals were not made of
    precious metals like British awards.........
    Regards,

Steve.