Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 medal bar to an 8th army veteran

Article about: I was pleased to pick up the other week, this bar of medals to an 8th army Royal signals veteran. It consists of the 1939-45 Star, The Africa star with 8th army clasp, the Defence and war me

Default WW2 medal bar to an 8th army veteran

I was pleased to pick up the other week, this bar of medals to an 8th army Royal signals veteran. It consists of the 1939-45 Star, The Africa star with 8th army clasp, the Defence and war medals and last of all The Territorial Efficiency Medal. This medal is named to Signalman 2575430 A E Ryder , No research as yet but I'm thinking that due to a lack of Italy star he may have been captured ,Wounded & invalided out or (hopefully not) KIA .I've decided (inspired by member Fallschirmjager ) to collect all of the different clasps on different medal bars as I think they'll make a fine display ( might have to wait a bit for the Battle of Britain bar ) Regards, Paul.

WW2 medal bar to an 8th army veteran

Nice group Paul and a great idea for a collection.

I have a group of WWI and WWII medals including a DSM and a post war ISM that were my great grandfathers who was RN and RNFR which is pending research.

Good luck with the BOB clasp

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Very nice medal bar Paul and with a great clasp for the 8th Army. As mark has already said good luck with collecting the campaign clasps. It is a great idea for a collection and I really look forward to seeing the clasps as you get them.

Ken