MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww2 norwegian insignia – help needed!

Article about: Hello everyone, Can any Forum members help identify the Norwegian badge illustrated? I have also included a picture of a medal awarded for service during WW2 and some form of registration do

mjw
    ?

Default Re: Ww2 norwegian insignia – help needed!

Hello Gunnar,

Many thanks for the reply and helpful information it is much appreciated.

With kind regards, Malcolm.

masonic viking
    ?

Quote by mjw View Post
    Hello everyone,

Can any Forum members help identify the Norwegian badge illustrated? I have also included a picture of a medal awarded for service during WW2 and some form of registration document.

All suggestions will be well received!

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    hi malcolm,
    this is a beret badge insignia that gets sewn on a slanted norweign flag on a black beret.i know this because it runs in my family,d13 was the underground resistance troops,in ww2.it is not from england or made in england.the h7 refers to haakon 7 (king of norway).my relatives were proud serving members in the unit..i have the book.these soldiers were special ops,hand picked.my family has been recognized and decorated many many times over by the powers at the time,churchhill,rosevelt,and other powers..

Quote by masonic viking View Post
    hi malcolm,
    this is a beret badge insignia that gets sewn on a slanted norweign flag on a black beret.i know this because it runs in my family,d13 was the underground resistance troops,in ww2.it is not from england or made in england.the h7 refers to haakon 7 (king of norway).my relatives were proud serving members in the unit..i have the book.these soldiers were special ops,hand picked.my family has been recognized and decorated many many times over by the powers at the time,churchhill,rosevelt,and other powers..
    Do you happen to have a picture of this particular badge in use? I have never seen a picture of it in use. I'd also love to hear about your relatives

I see that all of the information has been provided already, but to add a bit:
    The medal is "Deltagermedaljen" or Participation medal(Proper name for it is Defence Medal 1940-1945).
    I am pretty sure the badges were manufactured in Norway shortly after the liberation
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

mjw
    ?

Many thanks for the helpful information.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2