Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

wwi Distinguished Service Cross grouping purple heart numbered

Article about: Does anyone know the best way to preserve items. Any info would be appreciated. They were my Grandfathers.

If it was my family members medals and citation.
    With the exception of trying to fasten the medal to the hat with some thread so as not to damage the ribbons any more I would leave all as is on the hat. Maybe put some none accidic backing board inside the hat and put the hat and picture in a frame that has some depth and place them below the frame citation.

Another option would be to get a nice display frame with depth where you can pace the framed citation inside the of it with the photos and hat and medal.

Another option wold be to remove the medals from the hat and display them in their order of presidency, DSC, PH, MM, CdG, WWI VM, NY State VM etc around the citation, again with the photo of your Grandfather that you have shown and maybe one in later life. Get a small brass plaque that list his Name, rank, unit, awards and circumstances.

Hobby Lobby has quite a few inexpensive frame that are 50% every other week and you should be able to find something that may be of use to you. Feel free to PM or email me and I will send you pictures of medal groups I have framed in memory of service members and their awards.

Hope this helps.
    Best regards,
    John

?

John, Thank you for the info. I will reply to the email you sent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3