Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWII US silver star numbered

Article about: SERIAL #87543,,,slotted broach,,,with case that is fair to good condition,,,,what are these worth numbered?...US medals not my specialty,,,thanks,,Robert

Default WWII US silver star numbered

SERIAL #87543,,,slotted broach,,,with case that is fair to good condition,,,,what are these worth numbered?...US medals not my specialty,,,thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII US silver star numbered  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII US silver star numbered 

Default re: WWII US silver star numbered

Robert,

Since the number *probably isn't traceable if you only have the medal and with the condition of the case, you are looking at about $60.00 - 65.00. Officially named and numbered is a whole other ball game.

* Early WWII SS medals numbers were recorded in the General Order which awarded it. However, there is no published listing. You may want to contact Scott Kraska of Baystate Militaria as I believe that he had the privately compiled list at one time. It is by no means complete and never will be. But you never know, your number might be on there...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I have to disagree steven the early silver star medals that are numbered are quite hard to come buy and command a higher price usually around the $150.00-200.00 range.

Quote by cabbell2207 View Post
    I have to disagree steven the early silver star medals that are numbered are quite hard to come buy and command a higher price usually around the $150.00-200.00 range.
    Hi,

You may be right about that, however, personally I can't see that kind of money for something that most likely cannot be attributed, especially for a decoration that is by no means rare. I remember a few years ago, before ebay sunk deeper into their typical ridiculous politically correct (in the case of the SS, they totally misunderstand the intent of the SVA) knee-jerk reaction, these could be had in the $60 range. Now, I guess collectors are willing to snap them up at higher prices when they appear on dealer sites. There is an on-line dealer which currently has three SS Medals (numbered) in the labeled carton box for well over $300.00 - they have been on his site for years now. Granted, his is about 30% + overpriced on everything he has
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]