Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

101st, 82nd Airborne...Some More

Article about: I'm suspicious of the 101st being WWII era, but \\$40 is pretty good for all 4 patches, IMO.........

I'm suspicious of the 101st being WWII era, but $40
    is pretty good for all 4 patches, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

You can always black light them... But it isn't definitive. Also if there is a loose thread you can light it. If it melts its later. If it burns its older. I am not sure if Vietnam era were synthetic or not though.

?

For sure try and get a good picture of the 101st's edge, this is how most of the time you can gauge when they were used, the eye has nothing to do with the era, I have solid black eyed 101st from the 50s and ww2. The edge can tell you for example the tan edge is a good sign of ww2 era, The Korean war to early 60s had the blue edging

?

101st, 82nd Airborne...Some More101st, 82nd Airborne...Some MoreHere is one I picked up Sunday not the tan edge

Hmm I'll try a natural light photo. Looks pretty black to me but we'll all see.

Thanks again!

101st, 82nd Airborne...Some More

I hope everyone's enjoying these random image names.

Anyway here's my natural light photo.

?

I'm still going to have to go with this being Vietnam, these are still worth 20 to 25 dollars for a nice one piece like this

I just don't feel confident with this being post war. Does anyone have a type 3 patch? The details and the smell just are so WWII to me. I know everyone buys the item and not the story but the story for these patches is they apparently have not been out of a cigar box since ~1965 after a divorce. I did buy the patch and not necessarily the story but I did remember it.

What are the tell tale signs of a post war 101st? The white part on the bottom on the reverse seems to be of concern.

The other patches were sold for $70. I still have this 101st.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st, 82nd Airborne...Some More  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

This is a nice example of a ww2 variant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast