Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

101st Pre war patch

Article about: What are your opinions on this 101st pre WWII felt patch. I am only about 50% on it, and I have not been able to review it in hand yet. I will post better pictures later if needed. Is there

Default 101st Pre war patch

101st Pre war patch
    101st Pre war patch

What are your opinions on this 101st pre WWII felt patch. I am only about 50% on it, and I have not been able to review it in hand yet. I will post better pictures later if needed. Is there any good info on pre war patches on the net? I can only find information on WWII and post patches.
    Thanks
    -Ben

Default Re: 101st Pre war patch

This is one of the only patches I can find that compares
    Original Pre WW2 "101st Division" Patch RARE Raw Uncut Piece Pre Airborne | eBay

any ideas?

?

I'm no expert on these , But there is definitely a quality differences between the 2 pic's. The tongue is not yellow, the feather arrangement at the bottom of the head , the eagle's head pattern are different and also the shape of the pattern below the eagle head is different. But It might be a locally/oversea's made patch?????????
    Just my 2 centavos
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Yea I am clueless the more I look at it the more the low quality makes me think its a fake. When I first saw it I thought that it was a custom made, which there is no quality control, but I have not seen any comparable originals...

I haven't seen one before may not be related to the 101st even when they were normal Infantry
    Give it a black light test see if it glows???

This is the patch listed in the 1942 edition of the officers guide for the 101st, I think it was the patch when they were infantry and then changed a little after they were converted to an AB unit. I do not have it yet so I will black light it asap.

Here is a picture
    101st Pre war patch
    I think that the one In the first picture pre dates this and is custom made which would explain the difference, that or it is a repro...

Also if anyone can find a 99th patch like the one pictured I would be interested in buying it

?

Hello is the patch you are looking at on ebay, if so I've seen this seller on before and all he has are fakes

Its on ebay, the seller has 1500+ sales and 100% feedback, if it turns out fake ill get a refund.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast