Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

17th/21st Lancers.

Article about: Though not within my main collecting focus, I do have a soft spot for the bone heads, originally known as the Duke of Cambridge's own 17th Lancers until post WWI when they were amalgamated w

Default 17th/21st Lancers.

Though not within my main collecting focus, I do have a soft spot for the bone heads, originally known as the Duke of Cambridge's own 17th Lancers until post WWI when they were amalgamated with the 21st Lancers to become the 17/21st Lancers and have since been amalgamated again as the Queens Royal Lancers.

I have a small number of items to them, including an officers (or Warrant officers) service dress cap from the 50's or 60's which is an interesting item in its own right as it has a sterling silver motto (cap badge to you and me) which dates from when they were still the 17th Lancers (circa 1900) and is thought to be either a regimental or family hand me down.

I also have a OR's cap badge in White metal, maker marked to Firmin and a pair of AA collars and AA cap badge the latter also maker marked to Firmin.

Enough digression and the point of this post is that I hit the button on a buy it now from the bay for a pair of silver or silver plated collars. Sellers pics for now and some pics of my already extant collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 17th/21st Lancers.   17th/21st Lancers.  

17th/21st Lancers.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.