Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

38th Welsh Infantry formation patch

Article about: I am more than happy to express my ignorance to what story the combination here pictured can tell us,im sure theres a Welsh items expert on tap.Colin.

Well done Mark and Jerry,and if youve got more to add all the better,Colin

Well, it's official!

I cast around a few contacts and today got a reply from the RWF Museum no less which confirms what we already said above that this is a representation of 10th Bn RWF which later became the 6th (Welsh) Parachute Bn.

I had this in my head but couldn't substantiate it and I knew Jerry had it nailed. This just kind of seals it!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Excellent thanks fellas,Top work.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Well, it's official!

I cast around a few contacts and today got a reply from the RWF Museum no less which confirms what we already said above that this is a representation of 10th Bn RWF which later became the 6th (Welsh) Parachute Bn.

I had this in my head but couldn't substantiate it and I knew Jerry had it nailed. This just kind of seals it!!

Regards

Mark
    Mark,

I sometimes give help to the RWF museum on uniform matters when they don't know and they email me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Mark,

I sometimes give help to the RWF museum on uniform matters when they don't know and they email me.
    Haha, that's gone straight into my little book of spells!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2