Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

53rd Welsh Division formation flash

Article about: A woven version I think, so late war though it might be early post war and it looks to have been in an album. Waiting for it to arrive, so the sellers pic for now.

Default 53rd Welsh Division formation flash

A woven version I think, so late war though it might be early post war and it looks to have been in an album. Waiting for it to arrive, so the sellers pic for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images 53rd Welsh Division formation flash 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: 53rd Welsh Division formation flash

I always like the quality of these machine woven patches.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Jerry !! Nice one, will you be keeping it????

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Jerry !! Nice one, will you be keeping it????
    Not sure as it is a good one and would go well with my collection,which is why I bought. Glad you like it, as I thought you might.
    Regards,

Jerry

Yes Jerry, i like that ! Need to get hold of one myself soon when I get around to it

On the 53rd Welsh theme, for your interest, here is a picture of the 71st Anti-Tank Reg, 53rd Welsh Infantry Division, taken in Krefeld, Germany, I think shortly before they were disbanded due to taking heavy loses during the advance into Germany, my grandfather is 2nd from left, middle row

Also, a postcard sent to my grandmother pre 39, 1938 i think, he was in the TA for many years pre war, Jerry will probably be aware of the location

Interesting Martin and always good to see family items. I have only ever been past Trasfynydd, but never stopped there.
    Regards,

Jerry

It can be quite a bleak place there !! I may be working there soon !!

Good luck with that. The pic with your Grandfather and his comrades is very special, a really cool pic IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Cheers Jerry, these items only came to light recently, he died in the eary 70s, still an ongoing peice of research

Cant really see on here unfortunatly, but on my scan of the photo I can clearly see the 53rd flash on some of the front row guys right shoulders

I bought another of these, as I like the symmetry that pairs give. I did some more research and found that the Imperial War Museum have examples of this type which includes an uncut pair with the makers name on them and this seems to confirm that this version is late war and was made in the Nederlands by N. V. STOOMBANDFABRIK VAN ENGELEN & EVERS' OF HEEZE. Sadly the IWM collection do not show the maker marked set.

badge, formation, 53rd (Welsh) Infantry Division | Imperial War Museums

I also bought a pair of the earlier war machine embroidered version, as that is the type my Father might have worn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 53rd Welsh Division formation flash   53rd Welsh Division formation flash  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast