Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

6/7th Bn RWF flag and associated items

Article about: A good score for me and waiting for them to arrive. An original flag for the 6/7th Bn of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers, it came from someone else had it directly from the former owners family, o

I did some research on the makers mark on the flag and it matches the version they used in the mid 1930's, though to be honest I can't find any other versions or any other dates for the company except in 1936, so perhaps they used the makers mark much later.

I mention this because in the hand and in the sellers pic it can be seen that the 6/7 part had been repainted over what originally said 6th for 6/7th Bn RWf and 6th Bn RWF. 6/RWF were a WWII TA Bn that served with the 53rd Welsh Division in Normandy and then on into Holland and Germany.

I can only assume that the flags was originally used by 6/RWF in the 30's and WWII and then was adapted to be used by 6/7 RWF in the 50's and 60's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6/7th Bn RWF flag and associated items   6/7th Bn RWF flag and associated items  

6/7th Bn RWF flag and associated items  
    Attached Images Attached Images 6/7th Bn RWF flag and associated items 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Bump
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2