Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

78th Infantry Divison Union Jack

Article about: Hello all I need help & advice please. I'm looking to buy my first Union Jack & it has marked on it the 78TH INFANTRY DIVISION BADGE/CREST. It measures approx 8ft long. Its in very g

Default 78th Infantry Divison Union Jack

Hello all

I need help & advice please.
    I'm looking to buy my first Union Jack & it has marked on it the 78TH INFANTRY DIVISION BADGE/CREST. It measures approx 8ft long. Its in very good condition & I dont doubt authenticity as it is coming directly from the army museum.

Its being auctioned starting at £50. What can I expect to pay/whats it worth? I know its worth what I am willing to pay but what price is too much?

Best regards
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 78th Infantry Divison Union Jack   78th Infantry Divison Union Jack  

78th Infantry Divison Union Jack  

Default Re: 78th Infantry Divison Union Jack

Hi Dan, the flag itself is fine, but I don't like the ink stamp. Never seen or heard of this type of marking and it does not really make sense. I would expect a WD stamp and inspection mark.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, the flag itself is fine, but I don't like the ink stamp. Never seen or heard of this type of marking and it does not really make sense. I would expect a WD stamp and inspection mark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, I will wait for a better flag to appear

Hi Dan, so you know the type of WD marking to expect to find on an issue flag, here is an example from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images 78th Infantry Divison Union Jack 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, so you know the type of WD marking to expect to find on an issue flag, here is an example from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Brilliant.
    I have sent an email off asking about it!
    Cheers Ade