Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

About the sleeve patches and brigade stripes on a battle dress

Article about: by Jerry B The only evidence for a patch is for the 231st brigade, but the book I have says all Maltese units wore the White cross or a version of it. Sorry, but this is the best I can do fo

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The only evidence for a patch is for the 231st brigade, but the book I have says all Maltese units wore the White cross or a version of it.

Sorry, but this is the best I can do for you.

If you want I could ask elsewhere, but give it some more time as others might yet answer your question here.
    Thanks a lot Jerry for your personal interest. Do whatever you want, it would be helpful. I don't want to bother you though. I had an answer of the officer in charge of Malta Command WW2 Living History Group, and he told me that he will check his book an answer to me. I still searching it! Thanks once again.

Hello all.
    My conclusion is that 1st Battalion King's Own Regiment (Lancaster) and it's Arm of Service Stripe worn on battle dress should have been a red infantry stripe.

Also, after all that research, I think that The 1st King's Own should had worn the 10th Indian Division patch before and after Leros (when reformed from the 8th Battalion).

10th Indian Infantry Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is sadly no photographic or any other evidence of what patches may or may not have been worn at Leros. Part of me actually wonders if they wore any patch at all (time and resources were possibly not on the side of a battalion formed from three units).

As far as I am aware, 234th Infantry Brigade was formed from 4th (Malta) Infantry Brigade, however the 1st King's Own was not present on Malta (conclusion made after a deeper research), so I do not actually know when they joined the Brigade.

That's my conclusion, but the research still goes on! I attach you a sleeve i made which should be the one i'm looking for and a photo that shows the sleeve patch of 10th Indian Division.
    Any thought and opinions would be helpful.
    Thanks once again for your interest to my question.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About the sleeve patches and brigade stripes on a battle dress  
    Attached Images Attached Images About the sleeve patches and brigade stripes on a battle dress 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2