Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Any idea's guys?

Article about: Hi all, does anyone have any idea where this badge is from? It has a diameter of 36mm and height of 35mm (total). The letters are too worn to be legible. I thought it may be WW1 Engineers of

Default Any idea's guys?

Hi all, does anyone have any idea where this badge is from? It has a diameter of 36mm and height of 35mm (total). The letters are too worn to be legible. I thought it may be WW1 Engineers of some sort but unable to find any reference. Thanks to anyone able to assist. Regards ellisAny idea's guys?Any idea's guys?

Default Re: Any idea's guys?

I suspect Belgian due to the Lions and the Adrian hemet, but French is also a possibility...hopefully there will be other opinions, as I'm curious now too!
    Cheers, Glenn

Is'nt that a French Croix De Guerre hanging underneath? The Belgian version is a different shape I believe. I cant see whats written on the badge, this could well be the key to identifying it. I wonder if it might say 'Verdun' in which case it is presumably a commemorative badge for the battle of 1916. This was between French and German forces.

I agree with all previous.
    Lions; seem Belgian, the helmet as well. The cross looks ideed like the French CdG and also seem to read Verdun.
    What I also seem to see is that the badge is put together in different parts.Makes me presume it is a home made original (post WWI) time piece.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for pointing out the "Verdun" on the scroll...I couldn't read it at first, but see it now...So it's French! Perhaps a Sweetheart Pin or a Veteran's Brooch...
    Good work, friends...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the "Verdun" on the scroll...I couldn't read it at first, but see it now...So it's French! Perhaps a Sweetheart Pin or a Veteran's Brooch...
    Good work, friends...
    cheers, Glenn
    Wow, great investigative work guys! I had trouble making out the lettering (eye's not so good even with magnifier), but I could make out the V and N. I got confused with what I thought was an O but is in fact D..well done!