Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian AIF patches?

Article about: Hello Forum Again, I was hoping that somebody could please help ID these? Many thanks! Paul

Default Australian AIF patches?

Hello Forum Again,

I was hoping that somebody could please help ID these?

Many thanks!

Paul

Australian AIF patches?Australian AIF patches?

7th Australian division circa WWII. Are you going to list these for sale Paul?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    7th Australian division circa WWII. Are you going to list these for sale Paul?
    Hi Jerry,

Thank you very much for your answer. I do collect, and I do sell somewhat, but I would like to keep the both separate. I am particularly interested in collecting WW1 British items. I do get stuck quite a bit, and I consider myself a bit of a newbie, and nothing else. I find this forum really useful, and it is great to see so many people so enthusiastic about preserving the history of our past and in such detail.

But yes, of course these will go for sale because they are outside of my collection scope. But my purpose in asking the forum is only to identify, not to advertise that I sell these items

Kindest Regards

Paul

I know you sell having bought from you, I only asked because I might have been interested in these. I was not implying that you only asked to advertise them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I know you sell having bought from you, I only asked because I might have been interested in these. I was not implying that you only asked to advertise them.
    Hi Jerry,

No problem, I just wanted everybody to know my intent here is only for help.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Kindest Regards

Paul

not one in my reference, unofficial? and not a common thing done in the 2nd AIF. The 7th Division had a rotated square patch with the varying colours. I always stand to be corrected

?

The version I heard (and this may be completely wrong) is that these and two other animal symbols (kangaroo and platypus if I recall) were Division identifiers, used on vehicles etc, and manufactured for wear, but the war ended before any were issued? They do pop up for sale every so often.

Oz.

I have them in a book-Cole's Formation badges of WWII-, but use as vehicle insignia makes sense and also one that never got issued a s apatch as alot of Aussie patches of various unused designs were found in the 70's, I have one that has been added to a slouch hat of a design that was made but never issued. It is an original WWII manufactured patch, just in the end the design was not used.
    Regards,

Jerry

4md
    ?

I think these are a fantasy patch, I have the 9th div ones. forum member AIF knows a bit about them and may be able to elaborate about their origins.
    they do look cool and i have kept mine even though they may be a fake
    regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian AIF patches?   Australian AIF patches?  

Australian AIF patches?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Australian AIF patches? 

AIF
    ?

Hi Paul, Unfortunately they are fake/fantasy patches made in Pakistan I think? From what I can recall they were proposed by the British to be worn by Aussies as divisional insignia to save them the confusion of trying to identify our battalion colour patches when we were fighting along side them but as far as I know they were never made let alone issued as the AIF went back home to fight the Japs after Alamein.

Cheers
    Luke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast