Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Barney Dowd Jr

Article about: I've had these for a while. Barney Dowd Jr flew in B29's in the Pacific Theatre. I believe he was with 482 SQN 505 Bomb Group. He seems to have been a radio operator. I cannot vouch for this

?

Default Barney Dowd Jr

I've had these for a while. Barney Dowd Jr flew in B29's in the Pacific Theatre. I believe he was with 482 SQN 505 Bomb Group. He seems to have been a radio operator.
    I cannot vouch for this groupings authenticity, it's not really my area of collecting, so comments are welcome. With this group seems to be a piece of aircraft skin. A piece shot out perhaps? Included is a photo which I believe is of Barney taken postwar.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barney Dowd Jr   Barney Dowd Jr  

Barney Dowd Jr   Barney Dowd Jr  

Barney Dowd Jr  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Barney Dowd Jr

Nice grouping.

?

Default Re: Barney Dowd Jr

Thanks Steve. This stuff is out of my comfort zone as regards collecting. The individual pieces seem authentic though.

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]