Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet

Article about: I was at the local antique shop, and the nice lady there said she had something for me. I take a look, and this falls into my hands. I say how much, and she replies with fifteen dollars. I b

Default Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet

I was at the local antique shop, and the nice lady there said she had something for me. I take a look, and this falls into my hands. I say how much, and she replies with fifteen dollars. I buy it, just as a gamble. What I didn't realize, was there is a name engraved on the back (George P. Carmer), and also Sterling (I'm Assuming Silver) in small letters at the bottom. I would like to know anything about it, and if anyone could be kind enough to do help me research the name.

Thank you guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet 

Default Re: Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet

You are correct. It is a private purchase silver ID bracelet with USAAF Pilots wings. It should be possible to research the name.

Nice buy!

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Bought What Looks Like....A Private Purchase ID Braclet

Unfortunately, you will be seeing more and more of these kind of relics showing up, as our WWII vets are aging and dying at an alarming rate now and their "stuff" is hitting the market in an increasing amount virtually every day. Soon, they will go the way of the Doughboys and Frank Buckles and Claude Choules-and that will, indeed, be a sad day for us all. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."