Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British badge and button lot from Ebay

Article about: I looked it up and, In 1947 the cap badge adopted the Horse and Lightning. This badge has a strong significance to the role of the Corps. The cap badge consists of a Crown denoting the 'Roya

Default British badge and button lot from Ebay

I was the winning bidder on this lot and wondered what the horse and lightning bolt collar dogs are for. All my books are packed and though they seem familiar I can't remember what they are for, though the R.E.M.E is probably correct.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British badge and button lot from Ebay   British badge and button lot from Ebay  

British badge and button lot from Ebay   British badge and button lot from Ebay  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British badge and button lot from Ebay

Yes, the horse/lightning badges are post-War REME. Most of the rest is Royal Army Service Corps, including the yellow-backed pips.

Rob

Thanks Rob, Kings crowns on the REME, so pre 53?
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice lot you got there Jerry!
    If you are in for a swap with your buttons have a look at knopen verzamelaars boutons de collection buttons :: Index
    It is a Flemish speaking forum, but just enter and use any language you wish ( exept Welsh!!!! (lol))
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Nice lot you got there Jerry!
    If you are in for a swap with your buttons have a look at knopen verzamelaars boutons de collection buttons :: Index
    It is a Flemish speaking forum, but just enter and use any language you wish ( exept Welsh!!!! (lol))
    cheers
    |<
    Diolch yn fawr Kris. I might do that as I had noticed your new button forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Diolch yn fawr Kris. ..
    Seems like Russian to me!
    I remember when I had to deal with Welsh on the Antique fair grounds of Ardingley or Newark; they where BIG blokes speaking a language we didn't understood, hard but fair to deal with!They usualy had great stuff.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thanks Rob, Kings crowns on the REME, so pre 53?
    Yes. The REME changed their badge immediately post-war (I can't remember exactly which year, but I'll look it up for you later). The wartime badge looked like this:

The badge would actually be quite rare, as it only existed for a very short time in KC version.

Rob

kc1
    ?

Feed you like lightening, work you like horses and if you drop a bollock they chain you to it.

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Yes. The REME changed their badge immediately post-war (I can't remember exactly which year, but I'll look it up for you later). The wartime badge looked like this:

The badge would actually be quite rare, as it only existed for a very short time in KC version.

Rob
    I know they had a reorganisation in 49, so maybe then. Thanks as always Rob for your input and taking the time to look things up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Feed you like lightening, work you like horses and if you drop a bollock they chain you to it.
    Would I be correct in assuming you are ex REME? Bolt your food down, jump over some hurdles, all with a weight chained to you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast