Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Battle Dress insignia Positioning

Article about: Chaps Has anyone got any info or diagrams for positioning of rank and badges on battle dress? Especially RAF post war. Cheers

Default British Battle Dress insignia Positioning

Chaps

Has anyone got any info or diagrams for positioning of rank and badges on battle dress? Especially RAF post war.

Cheers
    Ben

Sorry Ben, I have never really gotten into RAF so I can't help you with this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Army will do Jerry also, WW2/just after the war there wont be much difference

Cheers
    Ben

Are you thinking NCO's or Officers for rank? What patches are you thinking of placing on it. I'll have to check my books, but an image search would probably answer all your questions unless you want it to the mm by the book Ben.

Some BD's on this dealers site in the RAF uniforms section.

Britton at War
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Bob, A bit of info for you as detailed in AP (Air Publication) 1358 Dress Regulations for the RAF. Rank insignia No 2 Dress Uniforms.

1 WO. Centre of badge 6.5 inches above sleeve bottom.
    2. NCO Chevrons. Lowest point of chevrons 9.5 inches below shoulder seam.
    3. Other Airmen/Women. Centre of propeller bosses 6 inches below shoulder seam.
    4. NCO Aircrew Eagles. Tips of the eagle's wings horizontally 1/8 inch below upper points of the chevrons.
    5. Flight Sereant Crowns (Aircrew). Base of crown 1/4 inch above eagle.
    6. Ditto Ground. Base of crown 1/8 inch above horizontal line between upper points of the chevrons.
    7. Chief Technician Propeller. Centre of propeller boss 1/2 inch above horizontal line between upper points of the chevrons.
    8. All Aircrew eagles are worn with the eagle looking toward the wearer's rear.

If you let me know which other badges you are interested in, I will do my best to get you positioning details etc.

Hope that this helps

Cheers Michael R