Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Cap Badges WWII?

Article about: Guys found these today and I think they are WWII cap badges. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default British Cap Badges WWII?

Guys found these today and I think they are WWII cap badges. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Cap Badges WWII?   British Cap Badges WWII?  

British Cap Badges WWII?   British Cap Badges WWII?  

British Cap Badges WWII?  
    Attached Images Attached Images British Cap Badges WWII? 

Default Re: British Cap Badges WWII?

Hi Hal
    Well they've all got the kings crown and that puts them pre 53. I see there is a nice 1st patt REME badge (gods corps) And a nice ROAC one. did you know the story behind that cap badge. It is quite funny really............... The cannon and the balls. If you look closely the cannon balls are bigger than the cannon, that was because in the Crimean war they sent the wrong sized cannon balls to fire at the enemy. so it is not an honour as you might expect a cap badge to represent. The motto translated roughly is "To the Warrior his Arms" of course it is now the RLC Royal logistics corps, a culmination of pioneers catering ROAC and a few others usless information i know............... And the 7 mile snipers (Artillery) are the only ones in the British Army to wear a white lanyard on the left arm............... Why?......................... because they ran away from their guns, in the crimea........ not a lot of people know that

Hi Hal, they are all very nice original badges. Once these could be found in most "junk" shops or general antiques stores. This is now becoming much much harder to do. Though they are not rare items in themselves, finding decent examples is not as easy as it used to be. The crown with the red felt backing is a Major's shoulder rank insignia.

They are all British, bar the bronze one with the three lions which is actually Danish.

Cheers,Ade.

John,

You know your going to get a bite, I heard the Engineers were awarded our lanyard as they served the 'desserted' guns, however that the detatchments had not run but were dead in place? This has always been a good mess argument.

Regards

Jock

You're right of course Jock, I wouldn't say it within ear distance though. I could get a clout

Always a good mess dinner argument, especially if you want a pee, and the RSM won't move

Hal
    ?

Thanks John for that bit of history, and Ade for the information on the other two pieces. Regards, Hal

commissionaire
    ?

Hi Hal,
    Just joined this site,the pic with various badges!
    One of them is Corps of Commissionaires,the one with motto"LABOR OMNIA VINCIT,i i WORK FOR THE CORPS AND COLLECT THEIR BADGES,WOULD YOU KNOW IF THIS ONES FOR SALE PLEASE.
    dihydro1950@hotmail.co.uk
    Kind regards
    Brian.

Royal Engineers with the King’s Crown: it is either George V or George VI. I have never seen it without the Roman numeral V or VI between letters G and R for Georgius Rex. Is it missing, thin attachment of stamped brass being broken? It should be either GvR or G vi R. This helps with dating. Still, nice genuine pieces.

commissionaire
    ?

Quote by PROF DR IVAN MILOVIC View Post
    Royal Engineers with the King’s Crown: it is either George V or George VI. I have never seen it without the Roman numeral V or VI between letters G and R for Georgius Rex. Is it missing, thin attachment of stamped brass being broken? It should be either GvR or G vi R. This helps with dating. Still, nice genuine pieces.
    Profound thanks, now realise this isn't Commissionaires but shares the same motto, i am trying to locate a Victorian Corps of Commissionaires cross belt badge for my collection,does anybody have one for sale or know where i can obtain one.

British Cap Badges WWII?Hi mates !

Are these hat/cap badges, or, collar badges ?

Thx. in advance,

R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast